Friday, October 14, 2011

October 2011

Another October is upon us. October used to be my favorite month, and I guess in a way it still is. I love Halloween and dressing up, watching the kids pick a pumpkin and decorate it. The changes in the weather and the leaves color, although we don't get that here in Arizona. Not only do I love all the gouls of October, but I also love that October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month. Stillbirth is still taboo in America. When stillbirth is brought to light its quickly and never gone into detail. No, its not pretty, its not nice, its not something I'd wish on ANYONE - but it DOES happen and people NEED to be aware. How many OB's really push kick counts? How many times have you heard "drink something cold and sugary and lie down on your side" if the baby isn't moving? Sad to say by that time your baby could be gone. Society in general needs to know that stillbirth happens, more than you think. 1 in every 200 births ends in a stillborn child. Thats more than SIDS, yet not spoken about even half as much. Please, if you know someone that is pregnant, or are pregnant yourself, read some of the information I have posted in the links on the left side of my blog, count your kicks and record them, and most of all - don't let anyone else tell you what is best for you or for your baby. I wish I had all this information before my son died, maybe things would have been different....or maybe not. Either way for October 14, 2011 I remember Johnny Giovanni who was taken much too soon on March 14, 2009. My beautiful baby would have been a handsome toddler by now. I miss you Squishy and I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment