Monday, October 18, 2010

For The Love of Dates!

October 15th was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. Although I wanted to do so much for my son, I didn't. I lite his candle and said a prayer but for some reason, thats all I did. I did not attend any celebrations or walks. I simply lite his candle. But I know deep in my heart that my son was not hurt by my actions. He knows we love him. He knows how much we care. He knows.


The following Sunday my little Sunshine hit 22 weeks. This pregnancy seems to be going by pretty quickly, I can't believe I'm over halfway there! Sunshine should have started to produce her own hormones this week. Maybe this is what has been contributing to my wild emotions lately! If I could only blame it on that and not my irrationalities! :0) Sunshine's pancreas should also be growing and developing this week.

From my view looking down.

I had an appt with Dr. Z today. She said I am measuring right on target and Sunshine's heartbeat was in the 140's. Just perfect. We went over my birth plan which she sees no issues with, which is great. Also talked about tying my tubes which I very adamantly declined and she was also OK with that. This made me happy since I was afraid she was going to push me into a decision I wasn't ready to make, but she did not. We also talked about the flu shot in which I again adamantly declined and again she was very respectful of my decision and just asked me to watch out for germs. C'mon Dr. Z, you know that I'm a germaphob, no germs getting into this body! I got three more prescriptions to add to my already growing medicine cabinet: Zantac (for my horrible gastritis), Iron supplements because I was slightly anemic at the last blood draw, and Doc-Q-Lace because the metamucil just isn't cutting it anymore *blush*. My daily intake of pills has gone up to 10 different medications now. YIKES! We also scheduled my c-section date barring any unforeseen issues we have a c-section date of 2/14/11! I will have a Valentines Day baby! *love*

I'm looking forward to my baby shower which is creeping up here in only 12 days!! Unbelievable!


2 comments:

  1. Of course your little guy knows he's loved and missed - every single day. I didn't really do anything for the Oct 15 remembrance day, either. For me every day is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for both of your losses!

    ReplyDelete