Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Second Opinion NEVER Hurts!

So sorry it took me so long to update. Appt went great. Baby Zort is measuring right on target at 16weeks and 3days! Had a beautiful heartbeat of 149 bmp and the little heart was separated into the four chambers already and all connections looked good. Baby's brain was also separated into two hemispheres, another good sign. Also baby Zort's spine looked wonderful! Cerebellum also perfect. Talked with Dr. P and he said other peri was CONFUSED the odds of Zort having some kind of birth defect is only 20% meaning when the other peri said 1 in 5 I was right to think the 1 was the child born with a defect. The chances are now pretty slim and even more slim since this ultrasound came out so positive. I'm starting to have second thoughts about proceeding now with this amnio, at least for right now. I'm leaning more towards having it done further along, past viability and well into the 30 week range. All in all it was a very informative appt, which is what I wanted.

Oh and did I mention we got to find out the gender?

Baby Zort is a............

7 comments:

  1. Oh Lynda ~ I had goosebumps the entire time! So, so happy for you... and so happy you went for that second opinion. Just goes to show.. always trust your mommy instinct!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your little princess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful news!!! So happy for you!! :)I can tell you from experience that rainbow baby girls are simply amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That video had me in tears. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!! :D I was totally in tears. :D If you are anything like me, pink ribbons and bows, here we come! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Love the video!!Thoughts and prayers are with you through this time!

    ReplyDelete